BOATING & BIKING PARTY FAQ
Q: What are the age restrictions for birthdays?
A: Drivers of Surrey bikes and Deuce Coupes must be at least 12 years of age. (If most participants are under 12 years old, chaperones will be required for Surreys to depart from our location.)
Boating participants must be at least 11 years of age and a minimum of 36″ tall. Participants who are under this height will be unable to reach the pedals and will be required to sit on a chaperones’ lap.
Q: How many chaperones do I need?
A: For groups with participants under eighteen (18), you will be required to supply at least one (1) adult chaperone (21 years of age or older) for every 30 kids. Chaperones that get on rental product for the event count as participants; they are counted in the total number of people you will be paying for. If you elect to do boats at your event, one chaperone for every 30 participants must be out on the water. If your group fails to show up with the correct number of chaperone(s), the group cannot go out and no refund/reschedule will be available.
Q: Can Lakeside provide chaperones?
A: Chaperones can be supplied to you for an additional $1 per participant but we need at least 2 weeks advance notice if we are going to supply chaperone(s).
Q: What should I bring on the day of the party?
A: An adult 21 years of age or older must be present with a valid driver’s license or government issued photo id. This will be the designated “Responsible Person” who must stay the entirety of the event. This person will provide payment for any additional participants, assume liability for your party, any damages that occur, and ensure your party acts in a responsible manner at all times. Also note, additional chaperones will be needed if your party consists of more than 30 children. The ration must be a least one adult chaperone present for every 30 kids.
Q: Do I need to arrive early?
A: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your event start time. If you are late, it will cut into your rental time, we cannot extend the event time.
Q: What is the cancelation policy?
A: If the size of your party decreases, you must notify us 48 hours before your event, to receive a refund. If for any reason, you need to cancel or change the date of your reservation or the size of your party, we require at least 2 weeks’ notice. If we receive less than 2 weeks’ notice we will try to accommodate but cannot guarantee availability.
Q: What if there is bad weather?
A: If our location has to be closed due to weather or any other unforeseen reason, we will contact you as soon as possible to try to reschedule your event for another date or time. If that is not possible, we will offer you a full refund.
Q: Can I use a season pass to get a discount on a party?
A: Season Pass or any other promotional discounts cannot be applied to group events or party packages.
Q: What are the boating rules for birthday parties?
A: Boat Age Requirement: 11 years old & at least 36″ tall. Those under these requirements may sit in the lap of an adult.
• Everyone must wear a correctly fitted PFD/Lifejacket at all times, including when entering and leaving the Pedal Boat/Kayak (Life jackets are supplied at no additional charge)
• Please be mindful of fishermen and their lines in the water
• Be alert to the conditions and your surroundings at all times
• No swimming or jumping from any watercraft. Horseplay will not be tolerated
• ALCOHOLIC beverages are NOT permitted at any time before or during watercraft rentals
• Renters will be charged any/all costs for rescue
• Do not pull the boat on shore or enter/exit the waterway from anywhere except the dock (you may damage the shoreline or the boat wheel/rudder)
• Passengers should only be dropped-off or picked-up at the launch area
• All equipment rented is subject to the rules of operation and applicable safety protocols including age restrictions and boat capacities
• Failure to obey is subject to immediate termination of rental without refund
Q: What are the biking rules for birthday parties?
• Surrey & Deuce Coupe Drivers must be at least 12 years of age (passengers can be any age)
• Children under 14 must wear a helmet, New York State Law (Helmets are supplied at no additional charge)
• Specialty bikes must stay on designated yellow route (map provided)
• Cycles must stop at all red lights
• Yield to pedestrians and cars, ride safely, and obey all traffic laws
• Never leave your specialty bike unattended; and always use the provided locks to lock-up two-wheeled bikes
• All equipment rented is subject to the rules of operation and applicable safety protocols including age restrictions (see above)
Q: Where can we place our gifts and party items while biking or boating?
A: When the group arrives, check in at the skating rink counter. There will be a rolling container designated for their gifts etc. The container will then meet the party guests in your designated room after your biking/boating activity.