Learn the fundamentals of this exciting sport at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside. We offer youth and adult classes designed to teach and enrich skating skills. Whether you or your child have never tried on skates or already have some experience, we can take your skills to the next level.
Based on the US Figure Skating Learn to Skate USA curriculum, Skate School offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities from beginner never skated before all the way to advanced figure skaters. All ages from toddlers to adults.
Wednesdays 4pm, Fridays 4pm & 5pm, Saturdays 9:45am, 10:30am, 11:15am Sundays 9:45am, 10:30am, 11:15am
Learn To Skate Hockey
2020 – 2021 SESSIONS
December 2, 2020 – June 1, 2021
Each skate school group class is 30min per week and does include skate rental if needed and admission to one public skating session directly following your class.
- Classes are offered on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- All classes are taught by professionally accredited and insured skating coaches
- The Lakeside Skate School program is overseen by United States Olympians: Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov
- If class is canceled due to inclement weather, Lakeside will provide either an additional day at the end of the session or a free 15min private one on one lesson. There will be no make-ups offered per individual.
- Class registration is first come first serve. We cannot guarantee an available spot for a specific day once a class is full.
- All registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration
- Each 5-week session includes one 30-minute group class per week, skate rental, and public skating admission on your class day