Learn the fundamentals of this exciting sport at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside. We offer youth and adult classes designed to teach and enrich skating skills. Whether you or your child have never tried on skates or already have some experience, we can take your skills to the next level.
2019 – 2020 SESSIONS
Week of December 2 – January 19
(no program December 23-January 5)
Week of January 27 – March 1
Week of March 2 – April 5
Each 5-week session below includes one 30-minute lesson per week, skate rental, public skating admission on your class day, and Learn to Skate USA Membership. Applications submitted after the due date are subject to an additional $15 fee.
- Classes are offered on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- All classes are taught by professionally accredited and insured skating coaches
- The Lakeside Skate School program is overseen by United States Olympians: Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov
- If class is canceled due to inclement weather, Lakeside will provide either an additional day at the end of the session or a free 15min private one on one lesson. There will be no make-ups offered per individual.
- Class registration is first come first serve. We cannot guarantee an available spot for a specific day once a class is full.
- All registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration
- Each 5-week session includes one 30-minute group class per week, skate rental, and public skating admission on your class day